If you have recently been accused of a DUI, your mind is probably racing with all of the rumors you have heard about getting a DUI. You’ve probably heard a great deal about the many consequences, and you are probably wondering what will happen next. The steps you take right after you have been accused are an important part of fighting your DUI, but not many people know what those steps are. That is why our DUI lawyer in Athens have come up with this list of the top 5 things you should do after getting accused of a DUI:
- Hire a DUI lawyer- Hiring a competent lawyer that cares about your case is your number one priority, and your best defense against a DUI.
- Write everything down- Details are important when you are fighting a DUI case, so it is important that you write everything down that you remember about your DUI stop.
- Take photos down from social media- Did you know prosecutors can use pictures on Facebook and other sites against you? That is why it is necessary to take down any photos of you partying or drinking. These photos could easily be taken out of context.
- Identify witnesses- Talk to any friends or family that you were with before or after your DUI. Determine if they would be willing to testify for you. Witnesses can go a long way to building a strong case.
- Try to relax- Fighting a DUI can be incredibly stressful, but it’s best not to obsess about it. If you have completed the above steps, then it is time to let our DUI lawyer handle it.